An experienced Optometrist needed to work 3 days a week in a group Ophthalmology practice. This position starts as fill in coverage from November until April, with potential of continuation as long-term position. Please see practice profile at www.caleyes.com. Position will cover Los Gatos and Gilroy offices. Please email your CV. Contact: email@example.com
29 year practice. Average Gross for last 3 years: $550,000. Priced to sell: $95,000
Office is a converted house with 2 spacious exam rooms, next to the only hospital in 50 miles. Great dispensary to keep business local. Big fish in a small pond makes you an important part of this rural farming community in Steinbeck country. Come make a difference.
Close to Pinnacles National Park, with Monterey and Carmel to the North, and San Luis Obispo to the South, King CIty is located along 101 just on the East side of Big Sur. Biking, camping, great art community, satellite college campus, King City is poised for growth yet still has a small town feel.
Must see, priced to sell.
Contact: Robert Mackin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Full scope optometrist needed for busy optometry practice in Watsonville. Either part-time or full time is available. Work with a great staff and with awesome patients! All new equipment and EHR. Please contact Sylvia Lee, O.D. (Green Valley Optometry) via email email@example.com if you are available. Competitive salary and benefits and immediate partner potential!
Salud Para La Gente (SALUD) provides high quality, comprehensive and cost-effective healthcare to underserved low-income communities in the Monterey Bay area, including Santa Cruz County and North Monterey County. We began in Watsonville in 1978 as a storefront “free clinic”. With the ever growing need for health services, in 1992 we became a federally qualified community health center (FQHC). Today we are a primary health care network with 14 clinic sites, over 360 employees and continue to provide high quality services to patients of all ages. SPLG offers a collaborative culture that values excellence, achievement, innovation, teamwork and compassion while ensuring respect, dignity and fairness for our patients.
We are seeking an Optometrist to join our Optometry Department and to provide direct primary eye care and guidance to our patients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To serve as an advocate for patients and their families during their entry into Salud health care system.
- Perform assessments, general and ocular history, and eye examination on new and returning patients.
- Assess visual status, ocular motor status, ocular pathological conditions, ocular development status, and optometric needs of patients through appropriate ophthalmic examination methods.
- Develop the optometric treatment plan with the patients for visual problems and abnormalities to be implemented. The optometric treatment plan with patients may contain all or any of the following:
- Diagnostic procedures
- Specific ocular therapies including special ocular aids, i.e. contact lens (hard, soft, torics) low vision aids, therapy;
- Ocular health education;
- Follow-up, including referral and consultation.
- Communicate when necessary with patients and or patient’s family by phone or letter.
- Provide guidance to patients and or their families relevant to ocular health education.
- Provide sympathetic care, communicate effectively and respectfully with people from different racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds and lifestyles
- Provide consultation for the professional staff.
- Provide technical supervision to para-optometric staff
- Efficiently use the EHR system and complete chart write-ups and review laboratory works in a timely manner.
- Participate in Salud’s Continuous Quality Improvement program.
- Comply with the referral/utilization procedures and standards.
- Comply with all regulations pertaining to the practice of optometry and licensure in the State of California.
- Comply with the principal of practice.
- Graduation with Doctorate Degree from a school of Optometry approved by the State of California.
- Possess and maintain a current California License to practice optometry.
- Must have and maintain a certificate in Ocular Pharmacology issued by the State Board of Optometry.
- Must maintain an average of sixty post-graduate hours in Optometric-Medical Education in the last three years.
- Bilingual, Spanish and English highly preferred.
- Valid CA driver’s license
- Current valid CPR certification.
Standing, walking, sitting, typing, reaching, bending, moving and/or lifting up to 25 pounds.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Competitive salary and benefits package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k), voluntary long term disability, holiday pay, PTO and CE allowance.
Please apply online with your current resume and cover letter to https://www2.appone.com/Search/Search.aspx?ServerVar=saludparalagente.appone.com
Salud Para La Gente (SALUD) provides high quality, comprehensive and cost-effective healthcare to underserved low-income communities in the Monterey Bay area, including Santa Cruz County and North Monterey County. We began in Watsonville in 1978 as a storefront “free clinic”. With the ever growing need for health services, in 1992 we became a Federally Qualified Community Health Center (FQHC). Today we are a primary health care network with 14 clinic sites, over 360 employees and continue to provide high quality services to patients of all ages.
We are seeking a dynamic, organized and detail-oriented Optician to be responsible for assisting in patient care and providing support to the Optometrist by measuring acuity and obtaining the medical and ocular history of patients, reading prescriptions, and assisting in fitting and dispensing glasses and contact lenses. Additionally, the Optician will assist with the maintenance and operation of optical equipment and storage of supplies, assist with patient intake, frame selection, order prescribed lenses, provide patients with instructions on the handling of different types of contact and spectacle lenses, minor triage, sterilizing equipment, maintaining stocked exam rooms, and stabilizing clinic flow. SALUD offers a collaborative culture that values excellence, achievement, innovation, teamwork and compassion while ensuring respect, dignity and fairness for our patients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
-Interprets prescriptions written by ophthalmologists and optometrists.
-Collects eye measurements including corneal width and thickness.
-Assists patients with the selection of eyeglass and lens treatments including tints and coatings.
-Creates work orders for lab technicians to ensure delivery of the proper lenses.
-Adjusts eyeglasses to ensure a proper fit.
-Repairs broken frames.
-Educates clients on proper eyeglass and contact lens care.
-Assists with medical history intake, including: Main complaint, optometric pre-testing
procedures, retinal photography and measurements, and vital statistics.
-Assists patients with follow-up instructions and/or appointments.
-Monitors patient information exchange for referrals.
-Monitors patient flow, assisting Optometrist with procedures as necessary: Set up patients in
exam room, facilitates Optometrist ability to achieve standard productivity level.
-Recommends scheduling adjustments or enhancements to achieve productivity level; works
with scheduling staff, Optometrist, and Clinic Manager to achieve necessary adjustments.
-Assists in scheduling and confirming appointments according to clinic policies in coordination
with Patient Services Coordinators.
-Answers incoming calls courteously and professionally, taking messages and screens calls for
-Respects and maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
-Stocks exam rooms, sterilizes equipment and maintains instruments.
-Keeps inventory of clinical materials and supplies, orders supplies and glasses as needed.
-Helps compile patients’ notes and scans documents to EHR.
-May participate in off-site clinics.
-Attends and participates in regular scheduled meetings.
State of California Spectacle Lens and Contact Lens Dispenser Certified.
2 years prior experience working in an optical setting performing optician duties.
High school graduate
Knowledge of sterilization techniques
Knowledge of the use and care of medical office equipment and supplies
Current valid CPR certification.
Knowledge of medical terminology
Standing, walking, sitting, typing, reaching, bending, moving and/or lifting up to 50 pounds.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary Range: $17.28 to $$21.66 per hour.
Benefit Package: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, 4O1K, Voluntary Long Term Disability, PTO and Holiday Pay.
Please submit a current resume and cover letter to